On this page you will find information on our festival events in the beginning of August – check back in closer to the date. In addition, we host year-round events for Neurodivergent people and those who are questioning their neurotype. These events are usually held on Zoom. Please contact us if you want to join! Click on the link to the calendar above and click on the little blue plus in the bottom right corner to add our calendar to yours.
Neuro Pride Festival 2022
Join us from the 4th to the 8th of August – let’s celebrate Neurodivergent people, community, and culture!
We will publish our event schedule, event details, and sign-up information here soon!
Guidelines for our Online Meetups
We want you to feel comfortable at our meetups and be yourself!
Before our meetups
- Our meetups are for Neurodivergent people and those who are questioning their neurotype only. Events that are open to everyone will be marked as such.
- For safeguarding reasons, minors can only attend if accompanied by an adult. Minors cannot attend events marked as ‘adults/18+ only’.
- If you are nervous or have accessibility needs not mentioned here, feel free to message us any time! We are happy to support you any way we can!
- It might also help to join our Facebook Group or Discord Server and chat with other participants before/after our meetup(s).
- We do not tolerate hate speech, bullying, harrassment, or discrimination against minorities. We reseve the right to remove participants from the call.
During our meetups
- At the beginning, your host(s) will introduce themselves and share the meetup guidelines. Participants will have the opportunity to share short, optional introductions. Hosts will have topic-related questions at hand to keep the conversation going.
- To keep group sizes comfortable, your hosts may create breakout rooms and divide up participants.
- You can keep your camera/mic on or off. There is no pressure to speak or participate actively. You’re welcome to type your messages or just listen.
- Pop in and out as you please. If you arrive late or have to leave early, that’s no problem.
- Bring your fidgets, stims, sparkles, crafts stuff, weighted blankets, support person, or pet. It’s okay if your children are in the room, but please note: Some topics might not be suitable for children.
- Wear whatever you like. You can be in your pyjamas in bed or wherever you feel comfortable.
- Please turn your microphone off after speaking if you have a lot of background noise – a host might have to mute you to avoid sensory overload, but you can unmute yourself at any time to speak.
- Please give warning if you are going to show anything with flashing lights or sudden loud noises.
- People in other time zones are welcome to join! All times are “London Time”.
- We use communication traffic lights:
GREEN = Anybody can talk to me
YELLOW = Only talk to me if I talk to you first
RED = Don’t talk to me, I’m just watching/listening/away from the screen
We will type the corresponding colour behind our names in the beginning, but you can change colours any time.
- There will be auto-generated live captions but you can turn them off if it is distracting.
- Please be aware that participants might talk about difficult topics and experiences that you might find triggering. It is okay to leave or take a break at any time.
After our meetups
- We will create meetup-specific channels/posts on our Facebook Group and Discord Server for people to continue the conversation.
- If you have any questions or feedback, please message us any time!
Regular events for Neurodivergent people
We host a variety of online meetups for Neurodivergent people and those who are questioning their neurotype. If you want to join, please just send us a message and we will pass on the Zoom links. Our events are usually 18+ unless otherwise specified. Some might be suitable for older teenagers as long as they are accompanied by an adult – just get in touch beforehand and we will figure it out!
Usually, people just chat while they work on their own projects. Participants crochet, knit, draw, paint, colour, doodle, write – all types of crafts and skill levels are welcome. Sometimes we share tips and tricks on how to make a certain craft more accessible. You can show us your work, but there’s no pressure to do so. We often have a guest host who will guide us through a short, optional activity. We also have a monthly theme that you can use to inspire your art if you like.
Join our monthly Game Night on Zoom! We play interactive games like Jackbox Party Packs 1-6, Kahoot quizzes, Scattergories, Boggle, “NDs” against Humanity, and more! Usually we have a quick vote on the evening and we try to have two breakout rooms, so people can choose a game. Jackbox games are best played using two screens – one to see the questions and prompts, the other to answer them.
Past events: Neuro Pride @ Dublin Pride 2022
Thank you to everyone who made this event unforgettable!